Thursday, December 4, 2008

The End of Suburbia


Last class in our Global Ethics class, We watched video clip called "The End of Suburbia".
While i watched this movie, I couldn't get idea. But, when we had class discussion, One thing strike me out was "Sustainability" from Global Environment Issue class last year.
Global Environment Issue class focused on pollution and environment. Which is really important facts that we must know logically.

Now, I'm going to talk about one fact that different between US and Taiwan.
One thing i can clearly see is "Transportation"
US has a great Transportation systems that people using it. Although, it's really organize well.
But in Taiwan, Most of peoples are taking motor cycle in state of using Transportation systems.
We know riding a motor cycle is convenient, But It makes a lot of CO2's every year. Which attacks ozone.
I think, Taiwanese governments are not really focused on organizing Transportation systems every where in Taiwan. Because, they ride motor cycle's more than riding public bus.

The reason why Transportation systems are important is because, As soon as people start using transportation systems, We can save our energy and Air pollution. Air pollution is one of the reason that cause of Global Warming, which makes Ice melting and green house effects.

In order to success transportation system, Governments has to come up with Organize plan and they have to make sure advertise well enough to citizens.
We have to be more serious at some problems that we can fix it before everything is turn into
bad situation.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Unlike you, I think that the transportation system in U.S. is very similar; they only have good transportation system in the major cities. For those cities in the U.S. that are not that big, they transportation system is super bad! They have like 1 bus per hour at the stop that is not even close to my house! = =

Ivy said...

I totally agree with you about the public transportation system in Taiwan. I was so jealous of the bus system in Bravil, where it was well designed.

Nonetheless, at least we now have high speed rail which can decrease the amount of cars driving for longer distance.

Mr. U.g.n.e. said...

Really?
I didn't think America has better public transportation system. I've only been there twice when I was little so I'm not too sure about now. But whenever I see the pictures from magazines or movies, I don't see a lot of buses or train.

Dennis said...

umm.. good connection with you previous GEI class. I haven't never thought about transportation organization can save energy!!! good idea!!! good job jimmy!!!